Monday, October 13, 2008

"Get on the Bus!"

I came out of my house
to check on my kiddies
yesterday,
and this is what I saw:
Lily was pulling Emma
on the trike
and Emma was calling out,
"Get on the bus,"
"Get on the bus,"
"Get on the vote YES on Prop 8 bus!"
It was a call for me to do my part.

Prop 8 defines marriage as being only between a man and a woman.


I am a Mother,
I am a Teacher,
I am a Christian,

I was taught that I should not judge any man or woman because of the color of their skin, their social status, their circumstances or even their choices, by my mother, by my teachers and by my church leaders.

I believe in tolerance, we should accept each other despite our differences in behavior or opinions, and I believe that we can learn from one another. I was taught this by my mother, my teachers and my church leaders. I was taught to love all men and women and to learn to love as the Savior loved--unconditionally-not easy, but that is what we are trying to learn to do on this earth and forever after.

I teach these same tenets to my children and in my classroom.
I believe that a loving God has placed us upon the earth to learn to live and love and he has given us the gift of agency and that gift will never be taken away, for this reason I believe a person has the right to choose for themselves their partners and should be given the same civil rights as any other couple.

I believe the Bible to be the word of God, believing that, I know that God created Adam and Eve. And Adam called his wife's name Eve because she was the mother of all living. And God commanded Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth. And so families were divinely created.

I must stand up for what I know to be true, that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God. I cannot deny that or so I shall offend God. Therefore I will vote Yes on Proposition 8.

4 comments:

Stewarts said...

A.MEN!
P.S. I adore your girls!

Allison said...

You go Heath women, fight the good fight and stand up for truth and righteousness. I applaud you!!

Wendy Blocker said...

Well stated, Stacy.

Allison said...

O.K. missy, it is time for a new post. If you want, I can write it for you!! And you can write mine for me! That is an interesting idea!! Let's get crackin' lady!!