Monday, February 9, 2009

Will S has turned 7

My boy,
my sweet William,
my little king,
my ham,
my tender heart,
my guy
is growing up. He just celebrated his 7th birthday and he is just the little man. William has always been playful and fun. He always has had a great smile and would often use it on me. I was like puddy in that boys hands. He would flash me that smile whenever I would discipline him and I had to turn away or I would start laughing or smile back. He tried it on his Kindergarten teacher too. I didn't work as well with her.

William is faithful. He loves to say the prayers and often asks for me to come in and have quite moments of prayer if he feels scared or sad. William is a great helper. He loves to work and help out with whatever needs to be done. He is very competitive and enjoys games, but doesn't like losing. Being a good sport is one attribute that we are working on. He plays an amazing game of memory. That boy can pull matches out of a hat.

Will loves the water. He has always been completely relaxed in the water--like he was meant to be there. His cousins were swimmers, maybe he is meant to be one too. He loves the beach and takes too many risks in the water. Although he is 7 now he wants to be one of the big boys braving the big waves.

Yes my boy is growing up. He is the big brother to Owen and they are best friends. They love to share everything and rarely fight. They wrestle, play war, pirates, cowboys, blocks, legos, basketball, soccer, and wrestle some more. Will wants Owen to do everything with him including going to the bathroom. . .I wonder when they will decide to give up that brotherly moment together.

Some of the hobbies that Will likes to participate in are fishing, playing lego video games, the drums on Rock Band, riding his bike, playing handball, and art. He loves to draw cartoons and can make very creative monsters and aliens. He is experiencing his first season in organized basketball and is learning a great deal thanks to a great coach and Wills attentive practicing. He will begin baseball in the spring. Go Will!

Will, I love you and am amazed at the way you have grown. I am proud of the friend you are, of the good boy you strive to be and your kind, kind heart. The "S" in Will S is in honor of his Auntie Sue Sue who shares the same birthday. Happy Birthday Susan.
Will 7 February 3, 2009

Will wanted Chuck E Cheese for his birthday dinner
(No, he hasn't grown out of that yet. But all the kids were so happy) William also got a call from his friend Dylan in Valencia. They have shared many birthdays together and it was very thoughtful of Dylan to call and say Happy Birthday!

Emma, Lily, Will, Owen
Will making a seven with his hands (his idea)

Will loves to play war with his dart guns

Every boy want a sword. This is a soft nerf sword

This is probably the third trouble game we have purchased for our family. But you gotta love the game. Although often someone ends up crying.

Of course Legos

Will wanted cookies and cream and chocolate icecream cake. Yummy


6 comments:

Cheri' said...

Happy Birthday to Will! Dylan called but they sure aren't girls that like to talk. I asked Dylan if he asked Will if he had a good day or if he got anything for his birthday, but he said no just Happy Birthday. At least he thought to call and say Happy birthday and let him know that he was thinking about him.

Quarantine Coronacation said...

I know Cheri. It was the cutest thing. I was so excited. The boys shared about 5 words together. Thanks so much for remembering. Give Dylan a big hug for us.

Anonymous said...

Will is the man! I love him like a little brother!

Allison said...

Will, you rock my world with your sweet grin and flirty ways. I loved rubbing your back in church. You are a joy and a light-can't wait to see you again! Happy Birthday you handsome devil, have a great year! Auntie Allison

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Will. Thanks for visiting Minnesota last summer. Alex had a ton o' fun with you. Let's do it again!

Allison said...

Will, I still love you. You are still cute with your shy little smile and sparkly eyes. Now tell your mom to write a new post!!
Love and kisses, Aunti Allison