Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swing Away! Will Went 3 for 3 On Tuesday

Will taking some practice swings before the pitch comes. Look at the energy of the swing and the strength of the stance. That was a different boy at the plate.

Attention Family and Friends: A change of attitude has occurred. Will is now ready to play baseball. Yesterday, he couldn't wait to get to the game. He knew he was going to hit it and he couldn't wait to do it. Today, he couldn't wait to get to practice.

I am a happy mom. Why you ask?

Because my little king faced his fears and won.

Is this the face of a boy afraid of the ball?
He is loving the game and feels confident. What happened between Tuesday and Last Thursday when I wrote that desperate blog entry? My sweet courageous boy decided to face his fears. Plus he had more experience batting because his dad took him to the batting cages on Saturday before the game and then pitched to him on Sunday and Monday. Will stayed in the box and swung at the ball and guess what. . .he hit it!!!! After he hit one squarely and sent it sailing, he said to his dad, "I knew I was going to hit that one!" I love it. I love that attitude of I Can! I love that he now has it and that makes all the difference. Now with practice he will fine tune his skills and grow as a player.

Hurrah for Will! 3 for 3


This is Will second at bat. I missed his first. He hit the first pitch that came squarely and sent it past the infield. He ran the bases and came home.

After fouling a few off, he hit his third hit and made it to first.

Another big accomplishment is that Will asked to play catcher. He hasn't wanted to because the last time he played he was hit in the leg with the ball. He wasn't squatting but sitting on his knees and so the pitched whirled in and hit him in the thigh. Ouch! But yesterday, he asked to play!
Hurrah for Will, My Brave Little King



I asked Will how it felt to hit the ball after the game and this is what he showed me. He swang the bat and then took off running to first. I love the confidence. That's my boy!







Will gets his spoils for getting not just one hit but three! What does a little slugger want for a reward? His very own bag of Hot Chettos and Horchata (mexican rice milk drink) You got it Big Guy!

1 comment:

Stewarts said...

Love, love, love these photos! What a handsome boy full of hapiness and joy! I am so excited that he is now enjoying the game. That makes it some much more enjoyable as a parent/spectator too! :)