Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It Will Be The BEST Week of Our Lives!

When all is said and done, they proclaimed, Spring Break would be the best week of their lives: Monday and Tuesday at Disneyland and Wednesday through Saturday in Utah visiting Auntie Linda and Uncle Tom. The first part of their week has already been published, now here is the second half of their epic adventure.
Utah. . .

It started out like this:

It snowed that day so the first item on the agenda was playing in the snow. What fun filled snow event is with out the ever lovin' snowman. Auntie Linda found these adorable snowman necessities at NPS. It is a must stop if your ever there in Salt Lake. It is located right by the Distribution Center and is full of amazing deals. New products for next to nothing prices.





Emms and Lils adoring their snow boy, who looks on with wide eyed wonder to be receiving such attention from two beautiful girls.

I don't know, is it just me or is it true that there are no snow people, only snow men, Maybe this is why they can't recreate themselves. I for one have never seen a snow woman, however if one was created. She would be a glorious creation!




It didn't take long before it was time to destroy the snow creation. It is the same with blocks, time is taken to make sure the skyscraper is high as possible and that every block is in place, and then BAM!! CRASH!! they all come tumbling down. Destroying the creation is as much fun as building it.





Then the games begin. The once adored snow man becomes fodder for the snowball fight. I remember
fiercely chasing my brother Rob all around the field in the back of our house, half angry, half laughing hysterically knowing that once I caught him he would be buried because of the snowball that caught me in the face. The best of times, the worst of times. I wouldn't ever trade the time that I spent playing in the snow.























Auntie Linda has the most amazing assortment of dress up stuff. This is the kids attempt to find a disguise to surprise their cousin Natalee.





Dinosaur Museum

Auntie Linda took the kids to the "largest dinosaur museum in the world" at Thanksgiving Point. They enjoyed seeing the dinosaurs bones, dressing up as a dinosaur and playing with dinosaurs.














































More Snow Play
Natalee went with the kids up the canyon to go tubing.









Emma getting her "caveman" on with man's first weapon!






Natalee,
Natabug, or just N@ as she likes to sign her email is awesome. She likes to play soccer
go tubing, build
ice houses and even likes getting buried in the snow.





























Later that night Natalee baby sat the kids while Richard and his sister went out. They had a photo shoot. Natalee is responsible for all the wacky, crazy, pictures of my kids that I LOVE on the borders of the blog. The kids were in heaven.

Auntie Linda, Uncle Tom and Natalee. Thanks for hosting my kids, for loving them, and for making them feel so special. We all love you and feel such gratitude for your support and for all the laughs and fun times that you share.













N@ gets back!







Natalee made crepes for breakfast. They were delicioius and the first thing the kids said when they got home is, "Will you make crepes mom?"

Natalee you will have to give me the recipe.

4 comments:

Cheri' said...

So fun! My kids had a great time together this past week. Thanks for being a great friend.

Allison said...

I know a snow woman. Me. I have been a snow woman from November till NOW, when this morning, I had to defrost the window of the icy van to take Sarah to school. There is nothing romantic or glorious about being a snow woman. Do I sound bitter? :) I loved the Utah tales. . .love N@, love Auntie Linda and of course love LEWO!! xoxoxo

Linda said...

I am so glad they had a good time -but it was a PURE treat for me! Natalee (n@) took some great pictures to remember the week by - the dress up night was the best, I especially liked the moustaches on Owen & Will! I look forward to the next time! Thanks for sharing!

Todd and Lisa said...

You almost made me miss Utah! Good job. Looks like your kids had an absolute blast!