Thursday, August 20, 2009

You Can Tell By His Shoes

We headed out to LAX to see my amazing nephew, Elder Stowell return home from serving an honorable mission in the Cebu Philippines. It was an emotional experience--both joyful and reverent. I will post more photos of Robby and his family when I get more from my sis in law. But for now, I feel that these two photos tell an important story.

You can tell by his shoes that this was a young man who gave his all-- every day out there tracting, meeting people, introducing them to the happiness and joy that can come through living the gospel and developing faith in Jesus Christ; every day out there digging holes, farming, trudging through mud to get to huts built upon marshy land; everyday out there loving families, leading wards, guiding people; everyday out there negotiating companionships, praying, studying , fasting; everyday out there teaching, testifying, blessing, ordaining. . . I love those shoes and the story that they tell. I love that he used them up to the end and that they finally brought him home safely to his mother and father. We are all very proud of you Robby

No comments: