Monday, June 8, 2009

Good Night Moon. . .



"In the great green room, there was a telephone and a red balloon
and a picture of a cow jumping over the moon."

I have decided


that the good night ritual


is more for me than for my kids.


Cozy, cozy,


night, night,


put away all the worries of the day,


read a book,


sing a song,


and what is most important


is right in front of you,


looking you in the eye.


Butterfly kisses


Two kisses and two hugs,


and nothing else to distract you.


I need more moments like this through out my day.

2 comments:

Allison said...

That is so sweet, I want to grab my blankie and have you sing me a little song as I drift off to dreamland! That is the first picture of Lily that you have posted with BRACES! Post some of her cute smile so we can see her teeth bling! I love that sleepy time too, it is a tender time that pulls at my heart strings, even when they get older. (except if they tend to drool, are very smelly, or grind their teeth, then it really ruins the moment)

Quarantine Coronacation said...

I took the pictures later in the night, after they had fallen asleep. This post was about when they are awake and we get to have those quiet talks and quiet moments. However, I do like to go and see them sleeping so soundly before I go to bed.