Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And Still Another Olympic Hopeful

Mitchell David Heath
When it comes to Ping Pong, Mitchell is quite the competitor. Everyday he is out there challenging his father (he doesn't ask me to play anymore.) I guess I am not good enough for him. And when he does play against me, he has this sheepish little grin as if to say, "Okay, I'll take it easy on you." And he does, thank goodness!

The games that they play, father against son, are tallied on a big sheet of newspaper on the garage wall. Current score: Richard is still in the lead. Mitchell is catching up quickly however. He is fine tuning his serve, and learning greater control.

This competition between father and son started very early in Mitchell's life. Mitchell KNEW he was stronger, faster, or more agile than his dad. "Oh, I am faster than you dad!" to which Richard would reply, "Some day you will be son."
"No, Dad, I am faster. Race me! I'll show you, Race me." You know I don't know if they ever did really race, Maybe Richard
knows deep down that Mitchell can beat him. There were many wrestling matches on the floor of our family room. Mitchell took wrestling in jr. high and so every night, he would test his new holds, take downs and throws on his dad. Lots o' fun for the boys! A little tense for the mom as feet were flailing and bodies twisting. It's all good though, as long as no one breaks anything. Yes, I am sure this competition will continue to go on, and Yes, it is ALL good.

Here are some photos of Mitchell playing against his dad:
Mitchell's serve. It looks easy, but it isn't easy to return.

Getting ready to smash it
Ka Ping!
Ka pong!
Ka Ching
Ka Chong!Ka Pow!
Swak!
Crack!
Don't break you mama's back!
Your my "True Blue Boy!" I love you

2 comments:

Allison said...

Mitchy the kid-
I will play you any day of the week and I might even let you beat me cause I love you so much!
Go team Mitchell!

Kimberly said...

Stacy,
I'm having a hard time with the fact that Mitchell is out of high school. Does it make me old that I remember when you told us you were pregnant with him? Time flies!