Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lil' Love


What can you say about a true beauty?

Oh so much!

Beauty is so much more than a pretty face. It is grace, kindness, patience, love, and purity and so much more. I often have talks with my girls calling them beautiful and wanting them to know that their actions are what make them beautiful, and their thoughts. I had a friend say that what we need to teach our children is to develop grace. I never thought of that before. But it is so true. We can teach that character trait, unless they seem to come with it, and I have met many people who have that gift natuarlly. My lil' Love was definitely blessed with beauty and the character traits that come with it. She first of all knows that she is loved by more than her earthly family. She knows that her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love her. It is burned in her soul since she was very young. I believe that this is a special gift, this knowledge that she has. It is my role to make sure she remembers.


Lil has this ability to open herself up to every situation and grab it and live it fully. She approaches it with a smile and shares her joy and her love so unconditionally. She makes friends quickly and does not feel afraid to share with them. This is a blessing in many of her friends life. I was told by a friend that they got to know Lily more in a 15 min swim with her then spending a day with someone else. Her ability to open up and shine and give all that she is, has blessed her life and that of all who are around her.

Lil has a deep faith in her Heavenly Father and in Jesus Christ. She prays over small and large incidents and usually ends up having her faith strengthened from the experience. It doesn't matter if it is finding her soccer socks or praying for a friend who is ill.


Lil is a joyful soul. She loves to have fun and loves to play games. I call her my gamer. What ever your doing she is in. And she plays until the game is over, unless it is barbies or littlest pet shops. (Poor Ems needs to find someone else to play those games) but if your playing sports or anything active, you'll find Lily right there ready to join in. She can be rowdy! She is a screamer! and probably my loudest little one. It is because she has so much joy to express and share.




Lily is a pleaser. She loves to be a special helper to her friends, teachers and her parents. She receives citizenship awards in school because she is always reaching out to others. She gives a lot of herself so she has many friends. Lily is great about comforting others and meeting their needs. She is a natural caretaker. I see her reach out to others and they thrive on her attention.


She is a wonderful sister. She is loved deeply by her siblings because she is fun and always ready with a fun game to play. She often writes notes to her siblings telling them how much she loves them.
Lily, you bring us so much joy. You are such a ray of sunshine and are so full of love. Thank you so much my sweet, beautiful Lil' Love.



6 comments:

Lauren said...

Stace, I LOVE your blog. It's filled with such warmth and love. You have such a wonderful family. Looks like you have pretty fantastic friends in Wisconsin. I think I'd probably love them, too!

Allison said...

Lily lily fair of face, oh how we love you Lily Grace! Your tribute posts are so darn sweet. And you know that your kids are so wonderful in large part because of their sweet, dope, tight, cool, righteous, ever lovin' mama!!

Candice said...

Lily is one of the most kind spirited little girls I know. Your little post melted my heart.

I am loving your blog. I love all the wonderful things you write about your precious family.

nicole said...

We LOVE our Lily!! There is something so very special about her. She has completely won us over here at the Stowell house.

love you Lily!!
Auntie Adie

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

STACY!!! hey you, I found your blog, it is awesome and I miss you guys. We had lunch awhile back with your hubby, did he tell you? I can not believe Mitchell graduated!! What the heck is going on????? You're gonna catch up with me pretty soon, cuz you know, I stopped aging, our kids are just catchin up to us!!! hehehehehehhehehe, now that's the way to do it. Come on over to my blog sometime girl! love ya!

nicole said...

I love my sweet Lily. She is such a natural beauty and so full of life! We all have such a special place in our hearts for this girl! I love you Lily. I am so glad you came along and broke the female drought - now look at our family, we have tons of girl cousins!

Stacy - you are such a great mom. Your kids are so lucky, I hope to be like you one day.