Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Icecream As Big As Your Head!

Minnesota is a land of 10,000 lakes! I think it is safe to say that it is the land of the biggest icecream too. Every time we go to MN, we have to go to Nelson's Icecream in Stillwater MN. Stillwater is a cute little town that they claim is the oldest town founded in the state. It sits on the St Croix River and is claim to great boutiques and old architecture and Nelson's Icecream where you can get a cone as BIG as you HEAD. I can hear you hemming and hahing thinking I am exaggerating. Lisa is thinking this is another Fish story (Owen did catch that fish BTW) Don't worry my friends Allison already talked to me about blogging with integrity. We were wishing that we had taken pictures of every person we had asked, "Are we going the right way?" in my surrey story. At the time, I suggested that we just take any picture of any people to fill in and she gave me a lecture about blogging integrity, blah, blah, blah. Okay, Alright already, I promised her I would report as it really happened, truthfully all the way. And so I have, BTW I am not one to exaggerate. . .who is known to do that hummmmmm? So this is no fish story. This is the truth.


First of all let me introduce you to the scoopers? (Their names have been changed to protect their innocence or the celebrity, depending upon how you interpret.)


First Sarah. She was nominated as the best scooper!! Next there was Wayne, he was nominated as most frugal (another way of saying shrimpy scoops) boobie prize! Next is. . . I don't know this guy. He just was a worker who wanted to be on my blog(five seconds of fame) These are they. . . The Scoopers. Now for their creations


Sarah looking stunned (Don't let her expression fool you, she is a professional) James is ecstatic about his SINGLE! (you don't want to see a double) He was one of three boys who were brave enough to eat one. Did they finish you ask?, Oh, you betcha!! Emma looking ever so sweet with her CHILDS SERVING!














Here are our gracious hosts who always show us the best places and the grandest experiences. Heck and Alli cat! Guess who scooped our scoops? You guessed it, Wayne the Way frugal guy. It didn't take the fun out of it though





















Jake is looking intoxicated on dairy products. He has all the symptoms: jolly demeanor, optimistic outlook, smears of vanilla on the sides of his mouth. He has it bad. You know he didn't drive on the way home.

So if in MN you have to check out Nelsons where you. . . that's right, get an icecream as big as you head?

5 comments:

Allison said...

You not only blog with integrity, but with humor, grace and a joy for life that is 'infectious'! Keep up the blogging, especially when it includes me!! We miss the Heaths!

Unknown said...

Yet another reason to move to Minnesota!

Stewarts said...

WOW!!! Ice cream is my major weakness! I wish we had that shop here. What fun!

Your loving father said...

Stacy the blog you have created is great. It is so fun to review the things that you are involved with. This is my first time making a comment on a persons blog. I hope that I don't upset you with my typing skills. Please keep up you blog it lets me know how you are doing.

Allison said...

Wow! A comment from the big guy! Hey Bob! Come onto my blog and see the great pix I have of your family as well! (just click on my name) Hope you are doing splendid! Love ya!!
Allison