Thursday, July 3, 2008

O boy!

Owen at Ca Adventure on his birthday

Owen contemplating his wishes!


My sweet big boy Owen just celebrated his 4th birthday! He wanted a Wall e birthday because the movie came out on his birthday. So for his birthday we went to Disneyland and then went to see Wall e. Little did we know that the movie would make human beings seem like weak, lazy, irresponsible dults. Luckily the message went right over his head!




Unlike the human characters in Wall e, our Owen is so proud of himself and thinks he is pretty AWESOME! Our Owen is such a joy and a ray of sunshine. He brightens our lives with his enthusiasm and his optimism. Once when reading a rhyming book that asked us to whisper our ages in each others ear, he whispered his age with his little hot breath in my ear "I free years old", and I in turn whispered in his ear, "I'm forty-one years old" to which he grabbed my face in his little hands and said "Oh man, that's AWESOME," He instantly made me feel great about being over forty. Now that's a miracle worker. He is a little love bug, always giving kissses and hugs. When ever he wants to give me some lovin' he says, "Two kisses and two hugs!" Of course two is better than one, Right? So he grabs my face in his hands and plants two big kisses on my lips and gives me two big hugs. My little Owen knows what girls like: to be complimented. He will say, OH mom you look pretty!or "Oh mom, what a pretty shirt," always smiling and looking directly into my eyes. Thank you my O!




Owen is a very cautious boy and needs to take his time doing things, but when he gets up the courage, there is no stopping him. Here he rode the tube for the first time. He loved it. He is flexing his power after the ride.




Happy Birthday my little O, my Oboe, my Owie, my Big Boy! We love you.

4 comments:

Lisa K said...

Finally, I am so happy that you are blogging. Now for Owen. He does no what a girl like to hear. When he was at our house recently he said to me, " you have a very nice home. I really like your curtains". Happy Birthday Owen. When you are all back in town I am bringing him a bag of chips!

Mare said...

Stacy-
I love it! I'm so glad you are putting your thoughts out there because you always inspire me and make me laugh. This post however gave me chills and tears. What a sweet boy Owen is. Happy Happy Birthday!

Allison said...

OOOO my OOOO boy! You are the definition of sweet from your pouty kissable lips to the funny things you say. Tonight you told me that you were going to buy me a shirt at Target for $2.00, and melted my heart. I just love the O outta you!! Love, Auntie Allison

nicole said...

How sweet is that little Owen ?? I love that picture of him with his very own Wall E cake. You are such a cute mom Stacy, I have always thought I wanted to be a fun and creative mother like you. I will be calling for pointers all the time I'm sure!