Monday, May 30, 2011

Orchestra Da Camera a Fiorentina in Museo di Orsanmichele

One thing I really wanted to do while here in Italy was listen to some live music.  While in Milan last Monday, I wanted to go to see La Scala, the famous opera house, and they had a concert going on: Herbie Hancock was playing Gershwin.  I racked my brain trying to figure how I could go but had better sense and went back to Como De Lago instead.  So when I found a concert in Florence, I purchased the ticket enthusiastically.  I have been carrying a dress and heels to wear to such an event since I arrived, but because I changed from the stuffy monastery to the hip hostel, I missed my opportunity to dress up.  Instead, I was traversing Florence with my luggage.  Luckily I was wearing a skirt and nice shirt because the event was beautiful  The performers were Flawless.  Perfecto.  I purchased their cd.  The setting was gorgeous: high ribbed vaulted ceilings made of brick with buttresses, arches and gothic windows.  The arts are deeply appreciated and thrive and Florence!  The orchestra played Mozart and Dvorak.  Spectacular!  "La Dolce Vita!" as Adie says.  It was a beautiful night.










No comments: